Online Purchasing Terms & Conditions
Goods and services supplied by Sequoia Technology Limited via this website are sold subject to the following conditions:
- DEFINITIONS: In these Terms and Conditions the Company means Sequoia Technology Ltd (Company Number 4004881) whose registered office is at Basingstoke Road, Spencers Wood, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 1PW, and the Purchaser means any person or company who buys or has agreed to buy goods and Goods mean any goods or services supplied by the Company and Conditions mean the terms and conditions set out in this document. The singular shall be deemed to include the plural, person shall include the firm or company and vice versa.
- APPLICABLE TERMS: Unless otherwise agreed in writing, any contract for the sale of goods shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any oral or written terms offered or stipulated by the Purchaser shall, if inconsistent with these Terms & Conditions, be deemed rejected by the Company.
- PRICES: The prices for the Goods are stated in the Companys quotation or webshop on the date of order or if no quotation is given in the confirmation of order. The companys prices are fixed for a period as stated in the quotation/order acknowledgement. Thereafter the Company reserves the right to vary prices without notice.
- QUOTATIONS AND INVOICES: The right is reserved to amend any errors and / or omissions on quotations, invoices or any other documents of the Company. The quantity, quality and description of the Goods shall be those set out in the Companys quotation or order confirmation or webshop description.
- PACKING, CARRIAGE &INSURANCE: Packaging, carriage and insurance to designated premises, and on default or designation to any trading address, of the Purchaser shall be paid by the Purchaser and shall be charged at the Companys rates current at the time of despatch.
- INVOICING AND PAYMENT: The customer pays Sequoia upon order or prior to despatch of the Goods from their premises or from the premises of its suppliers. Invoices will not be sent unless the customer requests it.
- DELIVERY: The Goods shall be delivered to the address stated in the customer's web order or if no address is so stated then to any trading address of the Purchaser. Any delivery dates quoted are estimated only and time shall not be the essence of the contract with regard to such estimated dates. The company will accept no liability for failure to supply or deliver within the period quoted. The Company shall be entitled to make partial deliveries by instalments and these terms and conditions shall apply to each such delivery. Risk in the goods shall pass to the Purchaser upon delivery to the address. The Purchaser is advised to insure accordingly.
- TITLE: Title to and ownership of the goods shall not pass to the Purchaser until the date that the purchase price for the Goods and all sums payable to the Company under any other agreement with the Purchaser or any other delivery or instalment has been paid. (The Payment Date).
- Until the customer has made payment the Purchaser shall not be entitled to sell, transfer, lease, charge, assign by way of security or otherwise deal in or encumber the Goods and the relationship between the Company and the Purchaser in respect of the Goods, including any proceeds of sale or other consideration therefore shall be a fiduciary one.
- RETURNS: Goods supplied may not be returned for credit without written consent of the Company and any Goods which are returned without such consent will be refused.
- DAMAGED IN TRANSIT: The Company shall not be liable for faulty or damaged Goods unless such fault or damage can be shown to have risen prior to despatch. (a Pre-Despatch Defect).
- Any claim by the Purchaser which is based on a Pre Despatch Defect shall be notified to the Company within 14 days from the date of delivery or (whereas the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after the discovery of the defect or failure. Following notification the Company may, at its sole discretion, repair, replace, apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after the discovery of the defect or failure. Following notification the Company may, at its sole discretion, repair, replace or issue a credit note in respect of defective Goods. The purchaser must retain the Goods with the original packing for Inspection and return them, carriage paid and at the risk of the Purchaser to the Company.
- NOTIFICATION OF SHORTAGE: the Company shall accept no liability for shortage of goods on delivery unless written notification shall have been received by the Company from the Purchaser within 7 days of despatch in the Goods to the Purchaser.
- CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS: Any warranty or condition expressed or implied statutory or otherwise (including conformity with description sample, fitness for purpose or quality) are hereby expressly excluded and the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever for consequential loss or damage of any description in respect of goods sold, repaired converted and for services rendered.
- EMPLOYERS LIABILITY: Where employees of the Company are to be employed on the Purchasers Premises, the Purchaser will indemnify the Company against any liability in respect of or claim such employees.
- CUSTOMER LIABILTY: The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused directly or indirectly by the Purchasers failure to perform any of the Purchasers obligations under any contract or order relating to any Goods or any other matter wholly or partly within the Purchasers control.
- ASSIGNMENT: No contract with the Company shall be assignable by the Purchaser without the prior written consent of the Company.
- EXPORT: All orders for export shall be delivered ex works by the Company. Terms on export orders shall be subject to individual negotiation with the Purchaser.
- WARRANTIES: All goods supplied by the Company shall be subject to the Manufacturers period of warranty. The Company shall be under no liability under the above warranty if the total price for the Goods has not been paid by the due date for payment.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The Company accepts no liability for delay in delivery or failure to deliver Goods arising out of any cause whatsoever beyond reasonable control or the control of its suppliers.
- GOVERNING LAW: All contracts made between the Company and the purchaser shall be constructed in accordance with and governed in all respects by English Law and the Purchaser agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts.
- LIMITATIONS: Goods sold by the company may not be used in equipment and or products for use in any life support system, nuclear installations or aircraft without prior written consent of the company.
- HEADINGS: The headings of these terms and conditions are of convenience only and shall have no effect in the interpretation thereof.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF THE PURCHASER